Sunday, 31 May 2009

I'm back! :)

Hey everyone!
Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. We took a well needed break for a few days to Somerset, visiting Bath, Wells and the surrounding area. The weather was gorgeous and we got lots of walking in.


We also visited the Sophie Ryder Exhibition currently on show at Bath's Victoria Art Gallery. The exhibition includes an art trail of her sculptures in a range of other venues and open spaces, involving Bath Abbey and the Roman Baths.
I'm a big fan of Sophie's large scale sculptures and wire drawings. The detail and scale of these pieces is breathtaking.

If you're interested you will have to be quick as I believe the exhibition finishes on June 10th

Before visiting the exhibition we took a couple of shots of her work around the city.







'Minotaur and Lady-Hare Torsos' (outside Bath Abbey)



'Paint Pots' (outside the Roman Baths)



'The Kiss' (inside Bath Abbey)
Even though it was only a few days away, its given me the rejuvenation I needed and now I'm itching to get started with some new colour scheme's, ranges and ideas. :)

3 comments:

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

welcome back! I'm glad you had a nice time, love :) GREAT pictures!! xox

OddSox aka Thesockgarden said...

These pics are great - I would have loved to see these sculptures. Had no idea it was going on and Bath is quite accessible for us. Just discovered your Folksy shop too - lovely stuff!

Noodlefish Crafts said...

Thanks peeps!! :) xx

@odd.sox: There's still time.
According to http://visitbath.co.uk/site/whats-on/sophie-ryder-outdoor-sculpture-trail-p826193 the outdoor sculptures and the work in the Abbey is will remain until the end of the summer. :) xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...